A complaint filed in the U.S. District Court of Eastern Pennsylvania today on behalf of several religious groups in the area argues that the city’s ban on feeding homeless people in city-owned parks violates the right to freely exercise religion protected by the First and Fourteenth Amendments. [Metro]
- News: Another Pa. Republican Supports Medical Marijuana
- News: Council May Debate PGW Sale in October
- News: State Senate to Consider Medical Marijuana
- News: 3 Reasons to End the Pa. Death Penalty
- News: Chaka Fattah Jr.: Why I’m Fighting the IRS
- News: Magazine Says Pa. Governor Race Is “Likely Democratic”
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.