The man who wrote one of the most overplayed (but still great) songs in the history of mankind will sing it here in Philadelphia. Peter Gabriel has announced a very short (as in 13 venue) tour in celebration of So on the occasion of that album’s 25th anniversary, and he’ll make a stop at Wells Fargo Center on September 21st to play it front to back. So in addition to the obligatory “In Your Eyes”, you’ll also hear “Red Rain”, “Sledgehammer”, and “Don’t Give Up”. Having seen him a couple of times at the Spectrum, I can tell you that the man puts on a good show. Tickets ($39.50 to $150) go on sale this Friday at 10 a.m. For more upcoming concerts, be sure to check my 2012 Guide to Philadelphia Summer Concert Season.
- G Philly: Our First (and Last) Annual Twerky Awards
- News: Philly Needs an All-Chanukah Radio Station
- News: Bruce’s Original “Born to Run” Manuscript on Sale Today
- News: Will We Ever Stop Buying What Disney’s Peddling?
- G Philly: LISTEN: Awesome Mashup of 2013 Pop Hits
- G Philly: ALBUM REVIEW: Britney’s Latest is Terrible