This weekend Manayunk will open its doors to the 28th Annual TD Bank Philadelphia International Cycling Championship. The annual bike race and accompanying day-drinking have become part of Manayunk’s culture and, this year, police are looking to squash some of the problems before they arise. This year no cans or bottles will be permitted along the race route and police will employ a zero-tolerance policy for rowdy behavior. Other changes for this year include the fact that bars can open at 9 a.m. (previously 11 a.m.) and the race was shortened from 156 to 124 miles. [Inquirer]
- Property: Weekend Open Houses: Homes in Manayunk and West Mt. Airy
- Property: Adventures in Homebuying: Er, Manayunk?
- Be Well Philly: Free Fitness Classes in Manayunk This Weekend
- News: Officer’s Robbery Plea Could Be Tip of The Iceberg
- Foobooz: The Bell Rings Twice for Taqueria Feliz
- Foobooz: BLT Replaces Agiato in Manayunk