The high temperatures have prompted the Philadelphia School District to cut the school day early today. Students will be dismissed at 1:30 p.m. and will be provided usual transportation. Teachers will stay at the schools until all of the students are gone. All after-school activities have been canceled. [6 ABC]
- News: More Charter Schools Coming to Philly Thanks to Cigarette Tax Bill
- News: 2 School Principals Accused of Changing Test Answers
- News: The Cigarette Tax Passes: What They’re Saying
- News: The Cigarette Tax Is (Finally) Passed
- News: House Passes Cigarette Tax
- News: House to Vote on Cig Tax Today. (Really.)
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.