The high temperatures have prompted the Philadelphia School District to cut the school day early today. Students will be dismissed at 1:30 p.m. and will be provided usual transportation. Teachers will stay at the schools until all of the students are gone. All after-school activities have been canceled. [6 ABC]
- News: Court Won’t Let SRC Change Teachers’ Contract Yet
- News: 23 Best Signs From the Philadelphia Teachers’ Protest
- News: Commonwealth Foundation to Demonstrate at PFT Protest
- News: Schools, Elections, and Philly’s Utterly Failed Democracy
- News: Crowdfunding Has Consequences
- News: Philly Schools Shedding Students Faster Than Expected
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.