“Eagle Joe” Brown was a longtime staple at Eagles training camp. He first attended the camp at Widener University in 1975 with some friends. He liked it so much he went back the next year. And then the year after that. Eventually, he became such a fixture at camp that he was given on-the-field privileges by then head coach Buddy Ryan. When he lost his sight to eye disease in 2007, the team sent a limo to pick him up and drop him off before and after every day of camp. On Sunday, “Eagle Joe” passed away at the age of 62. [Twitter]
- News: Sorry Birds Fans, Eagles Won’t Win Super Bowl
- News: GIF: Chip Kelly Dives into a Pool of Ice Water
- The Scene: DeMeco Ryans Foundation: Fashion Kicks
- News: No Kelly Green Jerseys in Store for Eagles
- News: Eagles Hiring Swoop Apprentice
- News: Phillies, Eagles in Top-50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.