“Eagle Joe” Brown was a longtime staple at Eagles training camp. He first attended the camp at Widener University in 1975 with some friends. He liked it so much he went back the next year. And then the year after that. Eventually, he became such a fixture at camp that he was given on-the-field privileges by then head coach Buddy Ryan. When he lost his sight to eye disease in 2007, the team sent a limo to pick him up and drop him off before and after every day of camp. On Sunday, “Eagle Joe” passed away at the age of 62. [Twitter]
- News: 5 Reasons Philadelphia Should Be Thankful
- News: The Enemy Among Us
- News: Fox 29 Hired a Steamroller to Run Over Some Cheese
- News: 3 Takeaways From Christina Lurie’s ThinkFest Talk
- Property: The Ultimate Eagles RV Home Is For Sale
- News: Upon Further Review, Nick Foles Is Not the Eagles Quarterback of the Future
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.