“Eagle Joe” Brown was a longtime staple at Eagles training camp. He first attended the camp at Widener University in 1975 with some friends. He liked it so much he went back the next year. And then the year after that. Eventually, he became such a fixture at camp that he was given on-the-field privileges by then head coach Buddy Ryan. When he lost his sight to eye disease in 2007, the team sent a limo to pick him up and drop him off before and after every day of camp. On Sunday, “Eagle Joe” passed away at the age of 62. [Twitter]
- News: DeSean Poses With Chris Brown on Instagram
- News: Chip Kelly’s Secret Weapons: College Professors
- News: Fan Posts ‘Fly Eagles Fly’ on Giants Punter’s Twitter Account
- Foobooz: LeSean McCoy Just Left a 20-Cent Tip at PYT
- Foobooz: Do Something Different for the Eagles Game
- News: 3 Observations About Eagles Fans (From a Non-Eagles Fan)
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.