In 2007 Ashley Zauflik lost her leg after she was run over by a bus outside of Pennsbury High School. A jury awarded Zauflik $14 million, but a judge has since cut that figure down to $500,000 citing a limit on the financial liability cap for school districts. The judge said that he felt that the result is “unfair and unjust” and that the constitutionality of the limit should be looked at. Zauflik’s lawyer intends to appeal. [6 ABC]
- News: Chaka Fattah Jr.: Why I’m Fighting the IRS
- News: Parents Sue Over Philly School Conditions
- News: 2 Students in Fatal Crash Weren’t Wearing Seat Belts
- News: Lawsuit in Philly Court Has New Abuse Allegations Against Sandusky
- News: Interview: Chaka Fattah Jr.
- News: ‘Crown Prince Emperor’ Found Guilty of DUI
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.