The Second Mile—a charity started by Jerry Sandusky more than 30 years ago—has asked a court for approval to transfer its programs to a Texas youth ministry for neglected and abused children. Then the charity will shut down. It’s alleged that Jerry Sandusky abused numerous young boys that he met through the charity. Officials at the Second Mile say that it has been financially ruined by the scandal. [CBS 3]
- News: UPDATE: Officer Shot Overnight Released, Recovering at Home
- News: Phila. Sex Trafficker Gets 22 Years
- News: Man in Employee “Hoagiefest” Shirt Robs Wawa
- News: 2nd Arrest Made in LOVE Park Ranger Beating
- News: UPDATE: Arrest Made in LOVE Park Attack; Teen Admits Participation to 6ABC
- News: Massive Counterfeiting Ring Busted in Cherry Hill
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.