June 9th and 10th will mark Eastern State Penitentiary’s Prison Break weekend. The event focuses on some of the greatest prison escapes in American history—including the famous tunnel escape of 1945. That weekend will also feature the launch of Bocce at ESP. Now you’ll be able to play the game that inmates used to play on the courts originally built at the base of Eastern State’s massive wall as an emotional escape from their tedious lives behind bars. [Eastern State]
- News: How Frank Rizzo Helped the Beatles Play Philly
- The Scene: Restored Murals at Eastern State
- Ticket: Eastern State Penitentiary to Open “The Machine Shop”
- News: American Slavery: Maliciously Born 395 Years Ago on August 20th
- News: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Dr. Walter P. Lomax Jr.
- Ticket: Eastern State Penitentiary is the New Black
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.