June 9th and 10th will mark Eastern State Penitentiary’s Prison Break weekend. The event focuses on some of the greatest prison escapes in American history—including the famous tunnel escape of 1945. That weekend will also feature the launch of Bocce at ESP. Now you’ll be able to play the game that inmates used to play on the courts originally built at the base of Eastern State’s massive wall as an emotional escape from their tedious lives behind bars. [Eastern State]
- Ticket: Teddy Scare Turned Life-Sized for Terror Behind the Walls
- Ticket: WATCH: Jenna Bush Goes to Terror Behind the Walls
- News: I Went to a Nazi Concentration Camp on Saturday
- News: Behind the Flag: Chatting With Betsy Ross
- News: The Monster We Celebrate on Columbus Day
- News: We Want Answers: Sally Elk
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.