Today, Republican Pennsylvania state Rep. Daryl Metcalfe introduced an anti-abortion bill that would eliminate funding to Planned Parenthood. The proposed legislation is similar to measures currently being debated in other states. It’s called the Whole Woman’s Health Funding Priority Act and would put health care providers offering abortion services on the bottom rung of the funding ladder. [Philly.com]
- News: Airbender Movie Given Pa. Tax Credits for California Work
- News: House Passes Gun Bill; Corbett Expected to Sign
- News: What Happened to 93,000 Pennsylvania Workers?
- News: How Will Pa. Supreme Court Deal With Porn Scandal?
- News: Ed Rendell Returns to the Campaign Trail
- News: Sen. Carper on How to Handle Ebola
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.