Today, Republican Pennsylvania state Rep. Daryl Metcalfe introduced an anti-abortion bill that would eliminate funding to Planned Parenthood. The proposed legislation is similar to measures currently being debated in other states. It’s called the Whole Woman’s Health Funding Priority Act and would put health care providers offering abortion services on the bottom rung of the funding ladder. [Philly.com]
- News: Maverick Senator Calls for Pileggi Ouster
- News: Judge: Email Scandal Could Spread to Judiciary
- News: Corbett to Kane: Give Me All the Porn Emails
- News: Those Racy Emails: What They’re Saying
- News: Pa. Senate Approves Medical Marijuana
- News: Ed Rendell Is Using Bedbugs to Fight Brooklyn’s DNC Bid
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.