Today, Republican Pennsylvania state Rep. Daryl Metcalfe introduced an anti-abortion bill that would eliminate funding to Planned Parenthood. The proposed legislation is similar to measures currently being debated in other states. It’s called the Whole Woman’s Health Funding Priority Act and would put health care providers offering abortion services on the bottom rung of the funding ladder. [Philly.com]
- News: Biz Leaders Look to Philly’s Post-Nutter Future
- News: Anger Follows Cancellation of School Funding Vote
- News: How Philly Families Will Pay for Harrisburg’s Sins
- News: UPDATE: Cigarette Tax Vote Canceled
- News: Is Chris Christie Still a Viable Presidential Candidate?
- News: Pa. Republicans Now Afraid Immigrant Kids Are Gang Members
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.