Notre Dame—along with dozens of other Catholic schools and institutions—has filed a lawsuit against the Obama administration over a mandate requiring most employers to provide birth control coverage in health plans for their employees. The Archdioceses of Washington, New York and Michigan, and the Catholic University of America are also involved in the lawsuit. President Obama delivered a commencement address at Notre Dame in 2009. [Huffington Post]
- News: From Father Judge and Comcast to the Secret Service
- News: Pope Wants Philly to Be Part of 3-City Tour of U.S.
- News: Town Rec Center Renamed After Obama
- News: Shuttered Parish Takes Appeal to Vatican
- News: UPDATE: Is Pope Coming to Philly?
- News: Christine O’Donnell Not a Witch, Nor a Fact-Checker
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.