Notre Dame—along with dozens of other Catholic schools and institutions—has filed a lawsuit against the Obama administration over a mandate requiring most employers to provide birth control coverage in health plans for their employees. The Archdioceses of Washington, New York and Michigan, and the Catholic University of America are also involved in the lawsuit. President Obama delivered a commencement address at Notre Dame in 2009. [Huffington Post]
- News: N.J Senator Rips Obama for Cuba Prisoner Swap
- News: Obama Picks Philly Native As New Defense Secretary
- News: Ramsey to Co-Chair White House Task Force
- News: Nutter Joins Mayors Backing Obama on Immigration
- News: Convicted Philly Priest Dies in Prison
- News: Vatican Confirms: Pope Will Visit Philly
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.