A judge sentenced Dharun Ravi to 30 days in jail, three years probation and 300 hours of community service and ordered him to pay $10,000 to a charitable group that supports victims of bias crimes. Ravi faced up to 10 years in prison after being found guilty on a number of charges stemming from multiple instances in which he used a webcam to observe his roommate at Rutgers engaging in an intimate relationship with another man. His roommate, Tyler Clementi, later committed suicide. [New York Times]
- News: Fake Cops Rob Fishtown Biz of $87,700
- News: Fatal Shooting Leads to Rowhome Collapse
- News: Police: “Drug Nexus” Behind Abductions, Brutal Murders
- News: Mom Testifies About Abduction of Daughter From Philly School
- News: Former Aide to Chaka Fattah Admits Role in Diverting Campaign Funds
- News: Fishtown Food Distribution Center Robbed Overnight
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.