A judge sentenced Dharun Ravi to 30 days in jail, three years probation and 300 hours of community service and ordered him to pay $10,000 to a charitable group that supports victims of bias crimes. Ravi faced up to 10 years in prison after being found guilty on a number of charges stemming from multiple instances in which he used a webcam to observe his roommate at Rutgers engaging in an intimate relationship with another man. His roommate, Tyler Clementi, later committed suicide. [New York Times]
- News: Mom, Who Accused Police of Assault, Arrested for Shoplifting
- News: Should This Guy Still Be in Prison?
- News: Swiss Cheese Pervert Faces New Charges
- News: Pantsless Man Approaching Customers at Bensalem Acme
- News: DOJ Accuses PA Prisons of Misusing Solitary Confinement
- News: Officer’s Robbery Plea Could Be Tip of The Iceberg