In case you’ve forgotten that Philly’s public schools are in a state of crisis, Philadelphia Public School Notebook, WHYY/Newsworks, American Graduate: Let’s Make It Happen, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting would like to remind you (with infographics!). The piece focuses on 2005’s incoming crop of freshmen at Benjamin Franklin High School. Believe it or not (believe it), the piece shows that Philly students have a rough road to graduation and college. [Newsworks]
- News: Philly Principals Are Hungry for Money
- Articles: Helen Gym and Bill Green Try to Find Common Ground (or Not) on Education in Philadelphia
- News: Court Won’t Let SRC Change Teachers’ Contract Yet
- News: 23 Best Signs From the Philadelphia Teachers’ Protest
- News: Commonwealth Foundation to Demonstrate at PFT Protest
- News: Schools, Elections, and Philly’s Utterly Failed Democracy
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.