In case you’ve forgotten that Philly’s public schools are in a state of crisis, Philadelphia Public School Notebook, WHYY/Newsworks, American Graduate: Let’s Make It Happen, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting would like to remind you (with infographics!). The piece focuses on 2005’s incoming crop of freshmen at Benjamin Franklin High School. Believe it or not (believe it), the piece shows that Philly students have a rough road to graduation and college. [Newsworks]
- News: Are State and Federal Exams Dragging Down Philly Schools?
- News: Six Districts (But Not Philly) File Big School Funding Lawsuit
- News: Study: Pa. School Funding Is Racist
- News: Assault on Bartram Teacher Is Third in a Month
- News: ThinkFest Preview: William Hite
- Be Well Philly: ThinkFest Preview: How Philly Is Reinventing Medicine
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.