Earlier this week, Charlie Manuel was ejected from a Phillies matinee for taking issue with home plate umpire Bob Davidson because Blue had gotten in Brian Schneider’s way while the catcher was trying to track down a wild pitch. The resulting tirade sent spittle flying and had parents earmuffing their children. Now, the swift hand of Major League Baseball hath dictated that both Manuel and Davidson owe the crown a penance of one game for their actions. [Crossing Broad]
- News: The 16 Best Phillies GIFs of 2014
- News: Ex-Phillie Mitch Williams Suing Deadspin, MLB Network
- News: Phillies Will Finish Last For First Time Since 2000
- News: Five Great Philly Artifacts in the Baseball Hall of Fame
- News: Phillies Stadium Best for Getting Homers
- News: Tina Fey Comments on Jonathan Papelbon’s Crotch Grabbing
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.