Earlier this week, Charlie Manuel was ejected from a Phillies matinee for taking issue with home plate umpire Bob Davidson because Blue had gotten in Brian Schneider’s way while the catcher was trying to track down a wild pitch. The resulting tirade sent spittle flying and had parents earmuffing their children. Now, the swift hand of Major League Baseball hath dictated that both Manuel and Davidson owe the crown a penance of one game for their actions. [Crossing Broad]
- News: Ryan Howard’s Run With the Phillies Might Soon Be Over
- News: Olbermann Names Cliff Lee the “Worst Person in the World”
- Ticket: Philly Orchestra to Perform National Anthem at Tonight’s Phillies Game
- News: Cliff Lee Accurately Sums Up Phillies Season
- News: Phillies Play Bocce During Rain Delay
- G Philly: DO THIS: Gay Night at the Phillies
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.