Barack Obama is set to announce that a $3 billion pledge of private funding will help work toward alleviating hunger in Africa. The private-sector pledge is expected to add to the $22 billion that resulted from a 2009 summit in L’Aquila, Italy. The idea is that the funds will help to establish sustainable agriculture and help 50 million people out of poverty. [Huffington Post]
- News: Biz Leaders Look to Philly’s Post-Nutter Future
- News: How Philly Families Will Pay for Harrisburg’s Sins
- News: Is Chris Christie Still a Viable Presidential Candidate?
- News: Ori vs. Kenyatta: Gloves Off
- News: Neighbors Love Pop-Up Beer Gardens
- News: Pa. Republican Introduces Federal Bill to Legalize Medical Marijuana
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.