Barack Obama is set to announce that a $3 billion pledge of private funding will help work toward alleviating hunger in Africa. The private-sector pledge is expected to add to the $22 billion that resulted from a 2009 summit in L’Aquila, Italy. The idea is that the funds will help to establish sustainable agriculture and help 50 million people out of poverty. [Huffington Post]
- G Philly: Brian Sims Teaming With Facebook for “Open Dialogue” Series
- News: State Senator Charged With Misusing Her Office
- News: Comcast Today: Today Time Warner, Tomorrow Your Thermostat
- News: Obama Appears on Comedy Web Series
- News: Mayor Nutter Tries Cigarette Tax to Fund Schools.
- News: Christie Polls Fourth at Conservative Gathering