Barack Obama is set to announce that a $3 billion pledge of private funding will help work toward alleviating hunger in Africa. The private-sector pledge is expected to add to the $22 billion that resulted from a 2009 summit in L’Aquila, Italy. The idea is that the funds will help to establish sustainable agriculture and help 50 million people out of poverty. [Huffington Post]
- News: What Happened to 93,000 Pennsylvania Workers?
- News: How Will Pa. Supreme Court Deal With Porn Scandal?
- News: Ed Rendell Returns to the Campaign Trail
- News: Sen. Carper on How to Handle Ebola
- News: Four Lines of Political B.S. That Make Philly Voters Swoon
- News: Darryl Metcalfe Moves to Block Immigrant Children from Pa.
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.