Barack Obama is set to announce that a $3 billion pledge of private funding will help work toward alleviating hunger in Africa. The private-sector pledge is expected to add to the $22 billion that resulted from a 2009 summit in L’Aquila, Italy. The idea is that the funds will help to establish sustainable agriculture and help 50 million people out of poverty. [Huffington Post]
- News: Can Conservatives and Liberals Be Friends?
- News: Pennsylvania Curbs Investment in Iran
- News: Prediction: State Senate to Stay in GOP Hands
- News: State Senate Candidate’s Daughter Calls Him a Liar
- News: Daryl Metcalfe’s Bad Religion
- News: Airbender Movie Given Pa. Tax Credits for California Work
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.