Barack Obama is set to announce that a $3 billion pledge of private funding will help work toward alleviating hunger in Africa. The private-sector pledge is expected to add to the $22 billion that resulted from a 2009 summit in L’Aquila, Italy. The idea is that the funds will help to establish sustainable agriculture and help 50 million people out of poverty. [Huffington Post]
- News: A Gay Marriage Showdown Over Cake
- News: VIDEO: Brian Sims Introduces Bill to Close the Gender Gap in Pay
- News: “Johnny Doc” and IBEW Local 98 Back Allyson Schwartz for Governor
- News: Can Everybody Shut Up About The Obama Funeral Selfie?
- News: Jersey Voters Ready for Chris Christie to Get Another Job
- News: MontCo Conservative Activist Challenges Corbett