Barack Obama is set to announce that a $3 billion pledge of private funding will help work toward alleviating hunger in Africa. The private-sector pledge is expected to add to the $22 billion that resulted from a 2009 summit in L’Aquila, Italy. The idea is that the funds will help to establish sustainable agriculture and help 50 million people out of poverty. [Huffington Post]
- News: Wolf Leads Corbett in the Money Race, Too
- News: House to Vote on Cig Tax Today. (Really.)
- News: It’s the End of the War on Drugs as We Know It
- News: Christie: End “Bridgegate” Investigation
- News: Another Pa. Republican Supports Medical Marijuana
- News: State Senate to Consider Medical Marijuana
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.