City Council—while considering proposals from Councilman Bill Green on new methods for citizens to protest parking violations—has asked that telephonic hearings be removed from the conversation. Council posits—and Bill Green concedes—that phone hearings would create too many logistical problems. But, online and snail mail protests will still be considered and put to a final vote later this month. [CBS 3]
- News: Ed Neilson Is Probably Your Newest City Council Member
- News: Philly One Step Closer to Decriminalizing Pot
- News: Can Philly Afford its Fight Against Gentrification?
- News: City Budget to Include More Demolition Inspectors
- News: Mayor Nutter Won’t Be Shouted Down in Council This Year
- News: Council Overrides Mayor on “Resign to Run” Repeal