The Philadelphia Police Department has removed six of its 12 trace evidence examiners following a routine proficiency test. The exam is given twice annually to six lab techs at a time. Three of the examiners taking the test gave one answer. Three others gave a different answer. The Philadelphia Police Department removed all six until further details emerge and the department learns which examiners didn’t answer correctly. It is the first time a tech failed one of the exams since ’04. [Daily News]
- News: Northeast Philly Woman Charged with Sexually Exploiting Her Young Daughters
- News: [UPDATE] Report: Frein Confessed
- News: Eric Frein Captured, Manhunt Over
- News: State Sen. Washington Pleads Guilty to Felony Charge
- News: Seventh-Grader Charged With Making Bomb Threats
- News: Man, Woman Wanted in Queen Village Shooting
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.