Over at PhillyChitChat, HughE Dillon is reporting that he knows exactly what’s going on with the One South Broad Street space long rumored to be on the Walgreens wish list. It looks like this isn’t just going to be a Walgreens—it’s going to be a Walgreens on steroids. Complete with a sushi bar and—according to the layout pictured—a section for “wine & beer,” the vacant space at Broad and Chestnut is about to become a lot more useful. Though, we are a bit skeptical about the booze part. The space was most recently occupied by a Borders.
- Shoppist: Quick! Free People Is Having a Flash Sale Tonight
- Property: New Listing: Renovated Townhouse in Center City
- Shoppist: How To Get Your Hands on a Pair of United By Blue’s Bison Socks
- Shoppist: The Edit: 12 (New) Ways to Wear Plaid
- News: Fire Extinguished at Wanamaker Building
- Shoppist: 10 Philly Mag Editors On Their Favorite Hand Creams
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.