This is what happens when a team is in last place. The Blue Jay called the Phils to discuss the possibility of trading for Cole Hamels and/or Shane Victorino. Ruben Amaro alluded that an alteration to the roster might be necessary if things don’t turn around. No reason to retire those shirseys, though, because, as Kyle Scott at Crossing Broad points out, the Phils aren’t at that point yet and, really, can’t afford to let their best player right now (Hamels) go, even if it’s to replenish a depleted farm system. [Crossing Broad]
- Property: Ryan Howard’s Home Is Pending Sale
- News: Baseball Fans: It’s Trade Deadline Day
- Foobooz: Save the Date: BBQ at the Ballpark
- News: Here’s How to Fix the Philadelphia Phillies
- News: Ryan Howard’s Run With the Phillies Might Soon Be Over
- News: Olbermann Names Cliff Lee the “Worst Person in the World”
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.