We’re hearing there may soon be an announcement about the future of Philadelphia Media Network publisher Greg Osberg. There has been speculation about whether Osberg will continue to preside over the Inquirer, Daily News and Philly.com ever since the company’s recent sale and the return of Inquirer editor Bill Marimow, whom Osberg demoted before Marimow left the paper last year. Though we haven’t confirmed details on what Osberg’s role will be with PMN, it now appears he will be giving up his publisher’s seat. A source with knowledge of the situation says, “It isn’t as clean as Osberg just leaving,” but declined to say anything further till the details are officially announced. The implication is that Osberg could remain attached to the company. Whether in a meaningful position or in one that allows him to “spend more time with his family” is, we assume, one of those “details.”
- News: Headline of the Day: “Shrink Accused of Playing Tug”
- News: Will Philly Papers Go Up for Sale Again?
- News: UPDATE: Bill Marimow Is BACK. Norcross to Appeal.
- News: No Settlement in Inquirer Ownership Case
- News: Temple Interns Begin Return to “Apartheid Era” Inquirer
- News: “No One Can Be Switzerland, and I’m on Norcross’s Side”