In 2011 there were 24,378 reports of suspected child abuse in Pennsylvania. Approximately 14 percent of those abuse claims were substantiated. In Philadelphia there were approximately one substantiated report of child abuse for every 500 children. These and other child abuse statistics were released in the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare’s annual Child Abuse Report. [Newsworks]
- News: Firebomb Hits Home in South Philadelphia
- News: It Happened: A Good Guy With a Gun Stopped a Bad Guy With a Gun
- News: Hospital Shooting in Delco
- News: Radnor McDonald’s Employee Busted for Crack Sales
- News: Homeless Man Arrested for Attempted Rape in Center City
- News: Philly Nazi Suspect Is Dead
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.