In 2011 there were 24,378 reports of suspected child abuse in Pennsylvania. Approximately 14 percent of those abuse claims were substantiated. In Philadelphia there were approximately one substantiated report of child abuse for every 500 children. These and other child abuse statistics were released in the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare’s annual Child Abuse Report. [Newsworks]
- News: Doctors Want State Investigation Into Fracking Claims
- News: Death of 3-Year-Old May Spark New Gun Rules
- News: PGW Nightmare: Family Has Gas Shut Off Over “Secret” Gas Line
- News: Rittenhouse’s Food and Friends Market Burglarized
- News: UPDATE: Officer Shot Overnight Released, Recovering at Home
- News: Phila. Sex Trafficker Gets 22 Years
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.