In 2011 there were 24,378 reports of suspected child abuse in Pennsylvania. Approximately 14 percent of those abuse claims were substantiated. In Philadelphia there were approximately one substantiated report of child abuse for every 500 children. These and other child abuse statistics were released in the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare’s annual Child Abuse Report. [Newsworks]
- News: Metcalfe Again Attempting to Impeach Kane
- News: Man Abducted by Masked Men, Found Beaten Miles Away
- News: Someone Stole Froggy Carr’s Costumes
- News: Stolen Viola Smashed to Pieces in West Philly
- News: Sex Video with Minors Being Passed Around at Middle School
- News: Coroner: Bradley Stone Didn’t Die of Self-Inflicted Stab Wound
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.