In 2011 there were 24,378 reports of suspected child abuse in Pennsylvania. Approximately 14 percent of those abuse claims were substantiated. In Philadelphia there were approximately one substantiated report of child abuse for every 500 children. These and other child abuse statistics were released in the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare’s annual Child Abuse Report. [Newsworks]
- News: UPDATE: Cigarette Tax Vote Canceled
- News: Train Geeks Freaking Out Over 30th Street Station Renaming
- News: Newtown Man to Face Trial for Ear Biting
- News: Dear Verizon: Take Your Yellow Pages and Shove It
- News: Four Plead Guilty in Main Line Drug Ring Case
- News: Ironworkers Union Members Face New Charges
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.