In 2011 there were 24,378 reports of suspected child abuse in Pennsylvania. Approximately 14 percent of those abuse claims were substantiated. In Philadelphia there were approximately one substantiated report of child abuse for every 500 children. These and other child abuse statistics were released in the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare’s annual Child Abuse Report. [Newsworks]
- News: Man, Woman Wanted in Queen Village Shooting
- News: Who Says Halloween Is Just for Kids (and People With Kids)?
- News: Deal Could Restock State Supreme Court
- G Philly: Man Arrested for Murder of Norristown Man He Met On Craigslist for Sex
- News: Halloween Decoration Stolen from South Philly Stoop
- News: Police Using Unmanned Balloon to Hunt Frein
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.