An umpire in New Jersey has been charged with simple assault after allegedly punching a Little League coach in the face. The coach says that the umpire attacked him after he question a strike call. The umpire said—through an attorney—that he had ejected the coach and only defended himself after the coach made physical contact with him. Regardless of what actually happened, let this be a lesson that arguing balls and strikes never got anyone anywhere. [Philly.com]
- News: Pa. State Senator to Plead Guilty to Felony Charge
- News: Convicted Rapist Asks Us to Ask Patti LaBelle for Money
- News: Man Accused of Montco Murder Found In N.C.
- News: Philly Man Shoots Fiance’s Dad With Rifle Multiple Times
- News: Another Violent Incident at Northeast Philly Pathmark
- News: Pocono Schools Closed After Reported Eric Frein Sighting
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.