An umpire in New Jersey has been charged with simple assault after allegedly punching a Little League coach in the face. The coach says that the umpire attacked him after he question a strike call. The umpire said—through an attorney—that he had ejected the coach and only defended himself after the coach made physical contact with him. Regardless of what actually happened, let this be a lesson that arguing balls and strikes never got anyone anywhere. [Philly.com]
- News: 3 Men Wanted for Bungled Center City Robbery
- News: Pennsylvania May Destroy 2,426 Bottles of Fine Wine
- News: Del. Peeping Tom Sketch Looks Like Drake (It’s Not Him)
- News: WATCH: Teen Sets Off Explosion at Takeout
- News: Double Amputee Shoplifts $315 in Meat
- News: Death of 3-Year-Old May Spark New Gun Rules
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.