Chris Christie has vetoed New Jersey’s proposed health exchange bill. New Jersey’s governor said today that it would have been premature to enact the bill while the Supreme Court is still working to determine the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act. “I am concerned that a hastily created exchange in New Jersey will impose unnecessary obligations upon the state’s taxpayers,” he said. [Bloomberg]
- News: Another Pa. Republican Supports Medical Marijuana
- News: David Sirota on New Jersey’s Risky Pension Investments
- News: Union: Politics Guided Jersey Pension Investments
- News: State Senate to Consider Medical Marijuana
- News: Jersey Lawmakers Advance Domestic Violence Bills
- News: 3 Reasons to End the Pa. Death Penalty
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.