The House Transportation Committee has approved a measure that would allow for certain portions of the Pennsylvania Turnpike to have speed limits bumped up to 70 mph. The default speed limit would remain stagnant at 55 mph, but, under the proposed change, the Turnpike Commission would be able increase the maximum legal speed for certain stretches. [CBS 3]
- News: Wolf Reiterates Fracking Support
- G Philly: Get Married at a Buddhist Temple in Japan
- News: Four Highlights From Pennsylvania Society Weekend
- News: State Rep. Spent $600 in Pa. Money to Promote His Acting Gig
- News: Pot Advocate to Guide Policy in Wolf Administration
- News: Wolf to Pay for State Security Team Needs
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.