The House Transportation Committee has approved a measure that would allow for certain portions of the Pennsylvania Turnpike to have speed limits bumped up to 70 mph. The default speed limit would remain stagnant at 55 mph, but, under the proposed change, the Turnpike Commission would be able increase the maximum legal speed for certain stretches. [CBS 3]
- News: It’s the End of the War on Drugs as We Know It
- News: Pa. Bill Would Allow NRA to Sue Over Gun Laws
- News: Philly Cigarette Tax Moves Closer to Approval
- News: Pa. Is Borrowing to Pay the Bills
- News: Another Pa. Republican Supports Medical Marijuana
- News: State Senate to Consider Medical Marijuana
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.