The House Transportation Committee has approved a measure that would allow for certain portions of the Pennsylvania Turnpike to have speed limits bumped up to 70 mph. The default speed limit would remain stagnant at 55 mph, but, under the proposed change, the Turnpike Commission would be able increase the maximum legal speed for certain stretches. [CBS 3]
- News: Anger Follows Cancellation of School Funding Vote
- News: How Philly Families Will Pay for Harrisburg’s Sins
- G Philly: Long Weekend: Navigating Gay Vegas
- News: UPDATE: Cigarette Tax Vote Canceled
- News: Pa. Republicans Now Afraid Immigrant Kids Are Gang Members
- News: Proclamation Naming Official State Gun Riddled With Errors
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.