Amy Gutmann—president of Penn—will reportedly be with the university for seven more years after the board of trustees officially votes on her five-year contract extension at its June 15th meeting. The re-up would make Gutmann the second-longest serving president in Penn’s history. She’s held the post since 2004. [Inquirer]
- News: Penn Students Are the Most Polite in the U.S.
- News: Penn Museum Rediscovers Skeleton
- News: Ex-Penn Staffer Accused of Theft May Enter Diversion Program
- News: Three Area Colleges Have High SAT Scores
- News: HUP Named Top Hospital in Philly Area
- News: Swarthmore Apps Drop Due to Extra 500-Word Essay
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.