So, apparently this “rivalry” is actually becoming a thing. The general manager of the Washington Nationals has responded to Cole Hamels’ comments on last night’s game with some colorful quotes of his own. In the bottom of the first inning in last night’s series finale, Hamels plunked 19-year-old rookie Bryce Harper in the back with a fastball. After the game, Hamels said he did it on purpose. Nats GM Mike Rizzo has told the Washington Post the move was “gutless chickenshit.” So, at least he’s taking the high road. [Crossing Broad]
- Ticket: Philly Orchestra to Perform National Anthem at Tonight’s Phillies Game
- News: Cliff Lee Accurately Sums Up Phillies Season
- News: Phillies Play Bocce During Rain Delay
- G Philly: DO THIS: Gay Night at the Phillies
- News: Phillies, Eagles in Top-50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises
- News: Chase Utley Has Utley-Like All-Star Performance
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.