So, apparently this “rivalry” is actually becoming a thing. The general manager of the Washington Nationals has responded to Cole Hamels’ comments on last night’s game with some colorful quotes of his own. In the bottom of the first inning in last night’s series finale, Hamels plunked 19-year-old rookie Bryce Harper in the back with a fastball. After the game, Hamels said he did it on purpose. Nats GM Mike Rizzo has told the Washington Post the move was “gutless chickenshit.” So, at least he’s taking the high road. [Crossing Broad]
- News: Roy Halladay Is Retiring
- News: Hamels: “You Have to Know When to Start Over”
- Property: Former Philadelphian Breaks Record in Clearwater
- News: Does Ruben Amaro Have a Plan for the Phillies?
- Articles: Heidi Hamels Is More Than Just Mrs. Cole Hamels
- News: The Phillies Just Signed a Guy Married to a Playboy Model