So, apparently this “rivalry” is actually becoming a thing. The general manager of the Washington Nationals has responded to Cole Hamels’ comments on last night’s game with some colorful quotes of his own. In the bottom of the first inning in last night’s series finale, Hamels plunked 19-year-old rookie Bryce Harper in the back with a fastball. After the game, Hamels said he did it on purpose. Nats GM Mike Rizzo has told the Washington Post the move was “gutless chickenshit.” So, at least he’s taking the high road. [Crossing Broad]
- News: Jimmy Rollins Trade May Need to Be Reworked
- Ticket: WATCH: Chase Utley Surprises Fan With Cancer
- News: 11 Best Jimmy Rollins GIFs
- News: Rollins Trade Called “A Matter of Time”
- News: Ex-Phillie Jayson Werth Sentenced to Jail for Driving Too Fast
- Property: For Sale: Papelbon’s $7M Rittenhouse Condo
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.