Buzz Bissinger, journalist and author of Friday Night Lights and the soon-to-be-released Father’s Day (a book about his son, Zach, whom he wrote about for Philly Mag in 1999), will talk about “writing, fatherhood and the art of the rant” at the Loews Hotel on May 10th. The fund-raising event supports Spells Writing Lab, a nonprofit center that offers tutoring and workshops in writing to Philadelphia students. Tickets are available here, and the VIP option ($125 and up) buys you an “intimate … pre-reception with the author.”
- The Scene: Alive Inside Screening for the Alzheimer’s Association
- The Scene: Oxford Mills Grand Opening
- The Scene: Mann Music Center’s Party in the Park Gala
- The Scene: Eagles, Indie Rockers Raise Funds for Ralph Brooks Park
- The Scene: Rittenhouse Ball on the Square
- The Scene: Barnes Foundation Dinner for The Still Lifes of Paul Cézanne
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.