Councilman-at-Large Bill Greenlee has re-introduced his proposition that City Council should have to approve any new dedicated bike lanes in Philadelphia. Greenlee made sure to emphasize that he and City Council aren’t against new bike lanes, but he feels that if City Council’s approval was required for new bike lanes, the community would have more of a say in the matter. Last year, the Bike Coalition disagreed. The Great Bike Debate rages on. [CBS 3]
- News: Ed Neilson Is Probably Your Newest City Council Member
- News: Philly One Step Closer to Decriminalizing Pot
- News: Can Philly Afford its Fight Against Gentrification?
- News: City Budget to Include More Demolition Inspectors
- News: Mayor Nutter Won’t Be Shouted Down in Council This Year
- News: Council Overrides Mayor on “Resign to Run” Repeal