A group of men were trying to rob a Chinese takeout place in West Philly when police got reports of a robbery in progress. Officers responded to the scene and were able to hear woman crying and screaming inside the closed store. A negotiator was called to the scene and successfully convinced all three suspects to release the hostages—the store’s owners and their child—and surrender. [NBC Philadelphia]
- Property: Developer Proposes New 24-Unit Apartment on Spruce
- News: Outrage Over Philly Paramedic’s Anti-Cop Social Media Posts
- News: Someone Stole Froggy Carr’s Costumes
- News: Stolen Viola Smashed to Pieces in West Philly
- News: Sex Video with Minors Being Passed Around at Middle School
- News: Coroner: Bradley Stone Didn’t Die of Self-Inflicted Stab Wound
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.