A group of men were trying to rob a Chinese takeout place in West Philly when police got reports of a robbery in progress. Officers responded to the scene and were able to hear woman crying and screaming inside the closed store. A negotiator was called to the scene and successfully convinced all three suspects to release the hostages—the store’s owners and their child—and surrender. [NBC Philadelphia]
- News: Pa. State Senator to Plead Guilty to Felony Charge
- News: Convicted Rapist Asks Us to Ask Patti LaBelle for Money
- News: Man Accused of Montco Murder Found In N.C.
- News: Philly Man Shoots Fiance’s Dad With Rifle Multiple Times
- Property: Renovation Has Started On the New Police Headquarters
- News: Another Violent Incident at Northeast Philly Pathmark
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.