A group of men were trying to rob a Chinese takeout place in West Philly when police got reports of a robbery in progress. Officers responded to the scene and were able to hear woman crying and screaming inside the closed store. A negotiator was called to the scene and successfully convinced all three suspects to release the hostages—the store’s owners and their child—and surrender. [NBC Philadelphia]
- News: Mom Testifies About Abduction of Daughter From Philly School
- News: Former Aide to Chaka Fattah Admits Role in Diverting Campaign Funds
- News: Fishtown Food Distribution Center Robbed Overnight
- News: UPDATE: Stabbed Man, Two Bodies Found Along Kelly Drive
- News: 3 Men Wanted for Bungled Center City Robbery
- News: Pennsylvania May Destroy 2,426 Bottles of Fine Wine
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.