A group of men were trying to rob a Chinese takeout place in West Philly when police got reports of a robbery in progress. Officers responded to the scene and were able to hear woman crying and screaming inside the closed store. A negotiator was called to the scene and successfully convinced all three suspects to release the hostages—the store’s owners and their child—and surrender. [NBC Philadelphia]
- News: Radnor McDonald’s Employee Busted for Crack Sales
- News: Homeless Man Arrested for Attempted Rape in Center City
- News: Philly Nazi Suspect Is Dead
- Ticket: Shakespeare In Clark Park Stages Henry IV
- News: Alleged NE Philly Nazi Guard Granted Bail
- Foobooz: Pop Up Restaurant Incubator Coming To West Philly
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.