By 2026 we expect to have flying cars, hover boards, and jackets that dry automatically (Robert Zemeckis promised us). Well, you can also pencil in Major League Baseball’s All-Star weekend in Philadelphia because Phillies president Dave Montgomery has said that the team intends to step out of line so that it can host the All-Star game for the 250th anniversary of the United States that summer. [The 700 Level]
- News: The 16 Best Phillies GIFs of 2014
- News: Ex-Phillie Mitch Williams Suing Deadspin, MLB Network
- News: Phillies Will Finish Last For First Time Since 2000
- News: Five Great Philly Artifacts in the Baseball Hall of Fame
- News: Phillies Stadium Best for Getting Homers
- News: Tina Fey Comments on Jonathan Papelbon’s Crotch Grabbing
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.