By 2026 we expect to have flying cars, hover boards, and jackets that dry automatically (Robert Zemeckis promised us). Well, you can also pencil in Major League Baseball’s All-Star weekend in Philadelphia because Phillies president Dave Montgomery has said that the team intends to step out of line so that it can host the All-Star game for the 250th anniversary of the United States that summer. [The 700 Level]
- News: The Phillies Won the World Series Six Years Ago Today
- News: Philly’s 10 Best Pro Athletes on Twitter
- The Scene: Philadelphia History Museum City Social
- News: You Can Buy This Mike Schmidt Crown at Auction
- News: Phillies Deny Report of Big Changes
- News: Time Is Running Out for Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr.
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.