Weird, corruption in politics. This never happens. Mayor John Bencivengo of Hamilton, New Jersey has been arrested and charged with accepting $12,400 for influencing the health insurance brokerage contract with Hamilton’s school district. If Mayor Bencivengo is convicted he could be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison. [NBC Philadelphia]
- News: FEMA Chief: Feds Probably Too Stingy With Sandy Aid
- News: Two Charged With Stealing $3.6 Million from PennDOT
- News: Biz Leaders Look to Philly’s Post-Nutter Future
- News: How Philly Families Will Pay for Harrisburg’s Sins
- News: Newtown Man to Face Trial for Ear Biting
- News: Is Chris Christie Still a Viable Presidential Candidate?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.