Weird, corruption in politics. This never happens. Mayor John Bencivengo of Hamilton, New Jersey has been arrested and charged with accepting $12,400 for influencing the health insurance brokerage contract with Hamilton’s school district. If Mayor Bencivengo is convicted he could be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison. [NBC Philadelphia]
- News: Another Violent Incident at Northeast Philly Pathmark
- News: Pocono Schools Closed After Reported Eric Frein Sighting
- News: Report: Robbery of Temple Students Was Done in Retaliation
- News: Airbender Movie Given Pa. Tax Credits for California Work
- News: House Passes Gun Bill; Corbett Expected to Sign
- News: Another Member of “Main Line Takeover Project” Admits Guilt
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.