Weird, corruption in politics. This never happens. Mayor John Bencivengo of Hamilton, New Jersey has been arrested and charged with accepting $12,400 for influencing the health insurance brokerage contract with Hamilton’s school district. If Mayor Bencivengo is convicted he could be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison. [NBC Philadelphia]
- G Philly: Preliminary Hearing Set for Gay-Bashing Suspects
- News: WATCH: Don Tollefson Talks About Guilty Plea
- News: Big Leagues Sue Jersey Over Sports Betting
- News: America’s Worst City for Bike Thefts
- News: (UPDATE) Tollefson Expected to Plead Guilty
- News: Cooper Health CEO, Wife Found Dead After Fire
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.