Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel has been traded to the Atlanta Falcons. Atlanta will give the Birds a late-round pick or two in exchange for the Pro Bowler. Samuel and the Falcons have reportedly agreed on a three-year, $18.5 million contract. We all knew this day would come when the Iggles inked Nnamdi Asomugha and acquired Dominique Rogers-Cromartie in the Kevin Kolb deal. [6 ABC]
- News: Philly’s 10 Best Pro Athletes on Twitter
- News: Chip Kelly Isn’t Leaving the Eagles
- News: Like It or Not, Foles Is the QB of the Future
- Birds 24/7: Eagle Outlook: Games To Watch
- News: 2014 Eagles Team Photo Placed in Philadelphia Art Museum
- News: Missanelli: The Real Story Behind the Victor Cruz Tweet
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.