Starting on May 1st, taxis in Philadelphia will cost you a little extra due to an imposed, fluctuating gas surcharge. The fee will be based on the average price of a gallon of gas in the region for the previous month. April’s gas prices dictate that a $1.20 fee be added to the base fare price of $2.70 and the typical distance charge. [CBS 3]
- Shoppist: 5 Cozy, Luxe Log Cabins For a Winter Getaway
- Be Well Philly: The Terrifying Truth About Germs in Airplane Bathrooms
- News: Mummer, Daughter Accused of Attacking Homeless Man
- News: Who Says Halloween Is Just for Kids (and People With Kids)?
- Ticket: LONG WEEKEND: Lake Naomi
- News: This Week’s Outrage Meter
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.