Starting on May 1st, taxis in Philadelphia will cost you a little extra due to an imposed, fluctuating gas surcharge. The fee will be based on the average price of a gallon of gas in the region for the previous month. April’s gas prices dictate that a $1.20 fee be added to the base fare price of $2.70 and the typical distance charge. [CBS 3]
- News: Cheer Up, Philly: At Least Your Commutes Are Relatively Short
- News: Is it Wrong to Pay Alcoholics With Beer?
- News: Schuylkill Expressway to Be Slightly Less Lethal Come Christmas
- News: 21 Things Buzzfeed Says Philadelphians Are Afraid Of
- News: Running of the Santas Turned Fatal This Weekend
- News: WATCH: Truck Falls into Sinkhole in NoLibs