Starting on May 1st, taxis in Philadelphia will cost you a little extra due to an imposed, fluctuating gas surcharge. The fee will be based on the average price of a gallon of gas in the region for the previous month. April’s gas prices dictate that a $1.20 fee be added to the base fare price of $2.70 and the typical distance charge. [CBS 3]
- News: SheRides, and 5 Taxi Services Philly Needs
- News: Are Suburban Schools Immoral?
- News: WATCH: Implosion of Germantown High-Rise
- G Philly: LONG WEEKEND: Los Angeles
- G Philly: WATCH: Drone Offers Stunning Overhead Look at P-Town 2014
- News: PGW Nightmare: Family Has Gas Shut Off Over “Secret” Gas Line
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.