Pretty Little Liars—the popular series of novels (and now a TV show on ABC Family)—takes place in a fictional town on the Main Line. Author Sara Shepard says that much of the inspiration for her writing comes from her own childhood and adolescence. Shepard grew up in Chester County and graduated from Downingtown Senior High School. She’s currently working on the series’ 12th installment and says that she’ll probably cap the story after 14 books. [Inquirer]
- Ticket: BOOK REVIEW: Wendy Ruderman and Barbara Laker’s Busted
- News: West Chester Student Sinks Half-Court Shot, Tragically Doesn’t Get Prize Money
- News: Is Johnny Weir a Russian Agent?
- News: West Chester Apparently Too “Prissy” for Sex Shop
- News: Chesco-Based QVC Presses “Pause” on Paula Deen
- News: Man Hit by Amtrak Train in Chesco
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.