NoLibs-based sculptor Clete Shields was commissioned to create a bronze likeness of cultural icon Willie Nelson. The eight-foot tall statue is set to be unveiled on Willie Nelson Boulevard in Austin, Texas tomorrow. Nelson will be in Austin to perform at ACL Live at the Moody Theater as a part of a Johnny Cash tribute. Chances are he’ll also be observing the “420” holiday. [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Ticket: Taylor Swift Getting First-Ever Dick Clark Award
- Ticket: In a Music Rut?
- Ticket: Google Play Giving Away Guardians Of the Galaxy Mixtape
- Ticket: CONCERT REVIEW: Caribou at Union Transfer
- G Philly: Culture Club Cancels Atlantic City Tour Date
- Ticket: Bruce Springsteen Part of Free Veterans Day Concert in DC
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.