NoLibs-based sculptor Clete Shields was commissioned to create a bronze likeness of cultural icon Willie Nelson. The eight-foot tall statue is set to be unveiled on Willie Nelson Boulevard in Austin, Texas tomorrow. Nelson will be in Austin to perform at ACL Live at the Moody Theater as a part of a Johnny Cash tribute. Chances are he’ll also be observing the “420” holiday. [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Ticket: REVIEW: Local The Voice Hopeful Matt McAndrew
- Be Well Philly: Study: How Sad Music Makes You Feel Good
- Ticket: INTERVIEW: Kurt Vile On Creating Mojo In the Studio and How Being a Dad Influences His Career Path
- Articles: Kurt Vile on the Creative Process
- G Philly: Q&A: Out Singer-Songwriter Jo Stones
- G Philly: On 1989, Taylor Swift Takes a Form-Perfect Dive Into 1980s Pop
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.