Pat the Bat had quite the career arc here in Philly. He was showered with boos when he spent a season flirting with the Mendoza line and people felt he couldn’t live up to his number-one-overall pick hype, but he became almost a cult hero at the end of his run in Philly with clutch hits and rumors of a lavish off-the-field life. Now, Burrell speaks out about his return to Philly in May and what it’s like to be retiring in red pinstripes. [Phillies]
- Property: Ryan Howard’s Home Is Pending Sale
- News: Baseball Fans: It’s Trade Deadline Day
- Foobooz: Save the Date: BBQ at the Ballpark
- News: Here’s How to Fix the Philadelphia Phillies
- News: Ryan Howard’s Run With the Phillies Might Soon Be Over
- News: Olbermann Names Cliff Lee the “Worst Person in the World”
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.