Pat the Bat had quite the career arc here in Philly. He was showered with boos when he spent a season flirting with the Mendoza line and people felt he couldn’t live up to his number-one-overall pick hype, but he became almost a cult hero at the end of his run in Philly with clutch hits and rumors of a lavish off-the-field life. Now, Burrell speaks out about his return to Philly in May and what it’s like to be retiring in red pinstripes. [Phillies]
- News: The 16 Best Phillies GIFs of 2014
- News: Ex-Phillie Mitch Williams Suing Deadspin, MLB Network
- News: Phillies Will Finish Last For First Time Since 2000
- News: Five Great Philly Artifacts in the Baseball Hall of Fame
- News: Phillies Stadium Best for Getting Homers
- News: Tina Fey Comments on Jonathan Papelbon’s Crotch Grabbing
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.