Pat the Bat had quite the career arc here in Philly. He was showered with boos when he spent a season flirting with the Mendoza line and people felt he couldn’t live up to his number-one-overall pick hype, but he became almost a cult hero at the end of his run in Philly with clutch hits and rumors of a lavish off-the-field life. Now, Burrell speaks out about his return to Philly in May and what it’s like to be retiring in red pinstripes. [Phillies]
- News: Tina Fey Comments on Jonathan Papelbon’s Crotch Grabbing
- News: Phillies Extend Radio Contract
- News: Jonathan Papelbon Suspended for Grabbing Crotch
- News: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected After Grabbing Crotch
- News: Phillies Give Up Embarrassing Inside-the-Parker
- News: Amaro: Fans Only Care About Wins and Losses
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.