Pat the Bat had quite the career arc here in Philly. He was showered with boos when he spent a season flirting with the Mendoza line and people felt he couldn’t live up to his number-one-overall pick hype, but he became almost a cult hero at the end of his run in Philly with clutch hits and rumors of a lavish off-the-field life. Now, Burrell speaks out about his return to Philly in May and what it’s like to be retiring in red pinstripes. [Phillies]
- News: Roy Halladay Is Retiring
- News: Hamels: “You Have to Know When to Start Over”
- Property: Former Philadelphian Breaks Record in Clearwater
- News: Does Ruben Amaro Have a Plan for the Phillies?
- Articles: Heidi Hamels Is More Than Just Mrs. Cole Hamels
- News: The Phillies Just Signed a Guy Married to a Playboy Model