According to a new study published by the Pennsylvania Public Interest Research Group (PennPIRG), offshore tax havens exploited by large corporations cost the average Pennsylvania taxpayer $452 in 2011. That’s because heightened taxes, budget cuts and increasing the national debt are all methods employed to compensate for the $100 billion saved annually from federal taxation because of offshore tax havens. [PennPIRG]
- News: No Toll or Fare Increases on Philly Bridges Next Year
- News: 8 Reasons I’m Happy It’s Not 1963
- News: Nifty Fifty’s Owner Headed for Prison
- News: The 3 Things That Might Have Kept Steve Wynn in Philadelphia
- News: IRS: Tax Season Will Start Late This Year
- News: Would Charity Be More Effective if Wealthy Were More Charitable?