According to a new study published by the Pennsylvania Public Interest Research Group (PennPIRG), offshore tax havens exploited by large corporations cost the average Pennsylvania taxpayer $452 in 2011. That’s because heightened taxes, budget cuts and increasing the national debt are all methods employed to compensate for the $100 billion saved annually from federal taxation because of offshore tax havens. [PennPIRG]
- News: Christine Flowers Defends U.S. Citizenship in NYT
- News: Montco Township Facing $3.2 Million Deficit
- News: Airbender Movie Given Pa. Tax Credits for California Work
- News: Councilwoman: Cigarette Tax Should Cover Vaping
- News: Cigarette Tax Vote Delayed Until Monday
- News: Suburbanites Are Ripping Philly Off
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.