Moments ago, the Inquirer‘s Jennifer Lin tweeted that Bart Blatstein has proposed a casino for North Broad Street. Blatstein was recently quoted in the Daily News saying, “I’m in love with North Broad, and I’m ready to bring it through a transformation back to the splendor it once had.” This comes after the decision of the state Supreme Court nearly two weeks ago to reject Foxwoods’ appeal of the 2010 revocation of its license. That ruling means that Pennsylvania—second only to Nevada in gaming—has one $50 million casino license to spare. Apparently Blatstein has his eye on it. Back in February, HughE Dillon took the above picture and mentioned the rumor that Blatstein would propose a casino at the location. [@j_linq]
- News: Today’s Daily News Cover Is Excellent
- News: Meet the New Philly.com Brain Trust
- News: (Update) Inquirer, Daily News Circulation Continue Decline
- News: Report: Comcast Turned Down Chance to Buy Washington Post
- News: The Inquirer Endorses Nobody for Governor
- News: Experts: McCaffery Clearance “Unusual”
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.