Moments ago, the Inquirer‘s Jennifer Lin tweeted that Bart Blatstein has proposed a casino for North Broad Street. Blatstein was recently quoted in the Daily News saying, “I’m in love with North Broad, and I’m ready to bring it through a transformation back to the splendor it once had.” This comes after the decision of the state Supreme Court nearly two weeks ago to reject Foxwoods’ appeal of the 2010 revocation of its license. That ruling means that Pennsylvania—second only to Nevada in gaming—has one $50 million casino license to spare. Apparently Blatstein has his eye on it. Back in February, HughE Dillon took the above picture and mentioned the rumor that Blatstein would propose a casino at the location. [@j_linq]
- News: Joe McGinniss, Inky Columnist-Turned-Controversial Author, Dead at 71
- News: Inky Mess: Karen Heller Vs. Norcross Spokesman
- News: PA Supreme Court Justice Accuses Inky, Daily News of Libel
- News: Is Nancy Phillips a Problem? Or a Target?
- News: Inky, Daily News Fired Up About First-Ever Job Reviews
- News: The “Darth Vader of Journalism” Strikes Back