Ashley Zauflik’s lawyers were back in court today to argue that the state cap of $500,000 she can be awarded for losing her left leg in the Pennsbury High School bus accident in 2007 is unconstitutional. The lawyers also believe that the district should face sanctions for not mentioning a $10 million insurance policy until after the trial. Zauflik and her lawyers are seeking $14 million. [Inquirer]
- News: Kentucky Derby Winner Racing in Bensalem
- Property: NY Group Buys $19M Bucks Property
- News: Chaka Fattah Jr.: Why I’m Fighting the IRS
- News: Parents Sue Over Philly School Conditions
- News: 2 Students in Fatal Crash Weren’t Wearing Seat Belts
- News: Lawsuit in Philly Court Has New Abuse Allegations Against Sandusky
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.