Ashley Zauflik’s lawyers were back in court today to argue that the state cap of $500,000 she can be awarded for losing her left leg in the Pennsbury High School bus accident in 2007 is unconstitutional. The lawyers also believe that the district should face sanctions for not mentioning a $10 million insurance policy until after the trial. Zauflik and her lawyers are seeking $14 million. [Inquirer]
- News: Complaint: SRC Violated Pennsylvania Sunshine Act
- News: Suit: CBS3 Anchor Chris May Screwed Up Big Time
- Property: Property’s Weekend Agenda: Bucks County Open Houses
- News: Main Line Golf Club Hit With Messy Sexual Harassment Suit
- News: Six Districts (But Not Philly) File Big School Funding Lawsuit
- News: Lawyer Told to Pay $1M for Smoking Reference
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.