Charles Snelling—an 81-year-old Republican with a regular guest column in Allentown’s The Morning Call—killed his wife and then himself yesterday. Snelling’s wife was also 81-years-old and was suffering from dementia. Snelling wrote an essay on his wife’s illness that was featured in the New York Times in December. [Poynter]
- News: (UPDATE) Regusters Guilty in School Kidnapping Case
- News: 3 Reasons to End the Pa. Death Penalty
- News: UPDATE: South Philly Stabbing Now Being Treated as a Suicide
- News: Philly Cop Arrested for Domestic Violence
- News: Cops Looking for Man in Failed NE Philly Robbery
- News: Trial Winds Down in School Kidnapping Case
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.