Charles Snelling—an 81-year-old Republican with a regular guest column in Allentown’s The Morning Call—killed his wife and then himself yesterday. Snelling’s wife was also 81-years-old and was suffering from dementia. Snelling wrote an essay on his wife’s illness that was featured in the New York Times in December. [Poynter]
- News: Joyce Sheridan Death Ruled a Homicide
- News: Center City Attorney Faces Sex Assault Charges
- News: Joe Frazier Granddaughter Indicted for Bank Fraud
- News: Grand Jury Makes Ferguson Decision
- News: Former Head of Montco GOP Pleads to Indecent Assault
- News: Cops: Mayfair Tire Slasher David Toledo Slashed More Tires
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.