Charles Snelling—an 81-year-old Republican with a regular guest column in Allentown’s The Morning Call—killed his wife and then himself yesterday. Snelling’s wife was also 81-years-old and was suffering from dementia. Snelling wrote an essay on his wife’s illness that was featured in the New York Times in December. [Poynter]
- News: Pa. State Senator to Plead Guilty to Felony Charge
- News: Convicted Rapist Asks Us to Ask Patti LaBelle for Money
- News: Man Accused of Montco Murder Found In N.C.
- News: Philly Man Shoots Fiance’s Dad With Rifle Multiple Times
- News: Another Violent Incident at Northeast Philly Pathmark
- News: Pocono Schools Closed After Reported Eric Frein Sighting
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.