Charles Snelling—an 81-year-old Republican with a regular guest column in Allentown’s The Morning Call—killed his wife and then himself yesterday. Snelling’s wife was also 81-years-old and was suffering from dementia. Snelling wrote an essay on his wife’s illness that was featured in the New York Times in December. [Poynter]
- News: Eric Frein Captured, Manhunt Over
- News: State Sen. Washington Pleads Guilty to Felony Charge
- News: Seventh-Grader Charged With Making Bomb Threats
- News: Man, Woman Wanted in Queen Village Shooting
- G Philly: Man Arrested for Murder of Norristown Man He Met On Craigslist for Sex
- News: Halloween Decoration Stolen from South Philly Stoop
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.