I think there must be something to all this talk about the landfills and polluted water in New Jersey, because it seems like all those toxins and heavy metals are having ill effects on the memories of some of the state’s most iconic celebrities. You may remember that Bon Jovi used a teleprompter (well, multiple teleprompters, really) during his 49th birthday concert at the Wells Fargo Center in 2011. Hoboken native Frank Sinatra relied on a teleprompter for much of the latter portion of his career. And today, the Washington Post points out that 62-year old Garden State favorite Bruce Springsteen uses one as well. “A teleprompter, Bruce? Really?” chides reporter Paul Farhi. No, this did not make it onto my list of 10 reasons why I hate Bruce Springsteen. Poking fun at mental deficiencies would just be mean. [Washington Post]
- G Philly: El Malito Takes On Homophobes and Racists
- Ticket: Philly Band Sea People Record Punk Versions of South Park Songs
- Ticket: 8 Best 2014 Holiday Albums
- Ticket: WATCH: Philly Voice Finalist Duets With Adam Levine
- Ticket: WATCH: Man Treated to Private Concert By Bob Dylan
- Ticket: PHOTOS: Jingle Ball 2014
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.