I think there must be something to all this talk about the landfills and polluted water in New Jersey, because it seems like all those toxins and heavy metals are having ill effects on the memories of some of the state’s most iconic celebrities. You may remember that Bon Jovi used a teleprompter (well, multiple teleprompters, really) during his 49th birthday concert at the Wells Fargo Center in 2011. Hoboken native Frank Sinatra relied on a teleprompter for much of the latter portion of his career. And today, the Washington Post points out that 62-year old Garden State favorite Bruce Springsteen uses one as well. “A teleprompter, Bruce? Really?” chides reporter Paul Farhi. No, this did not make it onto my list of 10 reasons why I hate Bruce Springsteen. Poking fun at mental deficiencies would just be mean. [Washington Post]
- Ticket: WATCH THIS: The War On Drugs Rocks Conan
- G Philly: Madonna’s Bedtime Stories Turns 20
- Ticket: REVIEW: Local The Voice Hopeful Matt McAndrew
- Be Well Philly: Study: How Sad Music Makes You Feel Good
- Ticket: INTERVIEW: Kurt Vile On Creating Mojo In the Studio and How Being a Dad Influences His Career Path
- Articles: Kurt Vile on the Creative Process
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.