On Tuesday, the Philadelphia Police Department announced that it made an arrest in the epidemic of tire slashing in the Mayfair section of Northeast Philadelphia, and 21-year-old Quincy Kramer was locked up after he was allegedly caught on tape vandalizing a vehicle last week. He’s been charged with multiple counts of criminal mischief while police in that area continue to search for more suspects. Meanwhile, in Overbrook, approximately 14 miles from the Mayfair incidents, reports are emerging about overnight car vandalism. At 6:35 a.m. today, police responded to the 6300 block of Lancaster Avenue where they found at least 10 vehicles with slashed tires. According to a police spokesperson, an additional two cars appeared to have some sort of corrosive substance thrown on them. At this time, police do not believe these incidents are related to the Mayfair crimes. Developing.
- News: 77-Year-Old Man Robbed In Center City
- News: 2 Suspects in Carjacking, Fatal Crash Denied Bail
- News: Accused Carjacker Occupation on Facebook: “Former Contract Killer”
- News: Carjacking Suspects Charged With Rape and Murder
- News: “Hundreds” of U-Delaware Women Recorded in Bathrooms
- News: UPDATE: Carjack Suspect “Atoning” for Fatalities
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.