On Tuesday, the Philadelphia Police Department announced that it made an arrest in the epidemic of tire slashing in the Mayfair section of Northeast Philadelphia, and 21-year-old Quincy Kramer was locked up after he was allegedly caught on tape vandalizing a vehicle last week. He’s been charged with multiple counts of criminal mischief while police in that area continue to search for more suspects. Meanwhile, in Overbrook, approximately 14 miles from the Mayfair incidents, reports are emerging about overnight car vandalism. At 6:35 a.m. today, police responded to the 6300 block of Lancaster Avenue where they found at least 10 vehicles with slashed tires. According to a police spokesperson, an additional two cars appeared to have some sort of corrosive substance thrown on them. At this time, police do not believe these incidents are related to the Mayfair crimes. Developing.
- News: PHOTOS: These Are the Men Charged With Killing an Elderly Philly Couple
- G Philly: Man Accused of Executing Two Gay Men Captured in NJ
- News: Pa. Ranks Second for Inmates Serving Life Without Parole
- News: Serial Target Shoplifter Pilfered TI Calculators
- News: VIDEO: 3 Men Rob Fishtown Clothing Store
- News: UPDATE: Police Have Arrested Jeremiah Jakson for the Murder of Laura Araujo
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.