Anyone have a spare $400 million lying around? Today, the School Reform Commission will meet to determine the fate of nine schools that might need to close in the Philadelphia School District. Additionally, the SRC will introduce the preliminary budget for 2013—and it might be $400 million short of what they’ll have. So, everyone go home and break open their piggy banks, it’s going to be a rough one. [Inquirer]
- News: Philly School District Makes Ominous Announcement
- News: Embattled Corbett Education Advisor Resigns
- G Philly: Bryn Mawr Named Top 20 LGBT-Friendly School
- News: Even Pittsburgh Is Pleading for Philly Schools Now
- News: How Philly Families Will Pay for Harrisburg’s Sins
- News: UPDATE: Cigarette Tax Vote Canceled
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.