Anyone have a spare $400 million lying around? Today, the School Reform Commission will meet to determine the fate of nine schools that might need to close in the Philadelphia School District. Additionally, the SRC will introduce the preliminary budget for 2013—and it might be $400 million short of what they’ll have. So, everyone go home and break open their piggy banks, it’s going to be a rough one. [Inquirer]
- News: Are State and Federal Exams Dragging Down Philly Schools?
- News: Six Districts (But Not Philly) File Big School Funding Lawsuit
- News: Study: Pa. School Funding Is Racist
- News: Assault on Bartram Teacher Is Third in a Month
- News: ThinkFest Preview: William Hite
- Be Well Philly: ThinkFest Preview: How Philly Is Reinventing Medicine
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.