Today, the cover of the Daily News teases a story about Philly cops cracking down on strip clubs and prostitution. The story focuses on a sting operation that landed some ladies in hot water for soliciting undercover officers in a strip joint. A piece on Phawker this afternoon calls out the Daily News for running the picture they did and for trying to, “pass it off as journalism.” [Phawker]
- News: Armed Robbery In Rittenhouse
- News: Fake Cops Rob Fishtown Biz of $87,700
- News: Fatal Shooting Leads to Rowhome Collapse
- News: Police: “Drug Nexus” Behind Abductions, Brutal Murders
- News: Mom Testifies About Abduction of Daughter From Philly School
- News: 1964: The Year Everything in Philly and Atlantic City Broke
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.