Who needs Chase Utley, anyway? On the cover of the new issue of Philly Mag, Hunter Pence poses in an old-style Phillies uniform while the cover line proclaims him “The Next Great Phillie.” The turn-of-the-century look was the brainchild of the magazine’s design team (who also tried—to no avail—to get Pence to reprise the shirtless look he pioneered at last year’s Shane Victorino fashion show). Inside the mag is a profile of Pence, written by CSNPhilly.com columnist John Gonzalez, as well as an oral history of the ’93 Phils. The mag is out on newsstands and goes online later this week. (Cover photo: Chris Crisman)
- News: Kobe Bryant and 6 Others Who Should Retire Like Doc
- News: Roy Halladay Is Retiring
- News: Hamels: “You Have to Know When to Start Over”
- Property: Former Philadelphian Breaks Record in Clearwater
- News: Does Ruben Amaro Have a Plan for the Phillies?
- Articles: Heidi Hamels Is More Than Just Mrs. Cole Hamels