Who needs Chase Utley, anyway? On the cover of the new issue of Philly Mag, Hunter Pence poses in an old-style Phillies uniform while the cover line proclaims him “The Next Great Phillie.” The turn-of-the-century look was the brainchild of the magazine’s design team (who also tried—to no avail—to get Pence to reprise the shirtless look he pioneered at last year’s Shane Victorino fashion show). Inside the mag is a profile of Pence, written by CSNPhilly.com columnist John Gonzalez, as well as an oral history of the ’93 Phils. The mag is out on newsstands and goes online later this week. (Cover photo: Chris Crisman)
- News: Ryan Howard’s Run With the Phillies Might Soon Be Over
- News: Olbermann Names Cliff Lee the “Worst Person in the World”
- Ticket: Philly Orchestra to Perform National Anthem at Tonight’s Phillies Game
- News: Cliff Lee Accurately Sums Up Phillies Season
- News: Phillies Play Bocce During Rain Delay
- G Philly: DO THIS: Gay Night at the Phillies
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.