Who needs Chase Utley, anyway? On the cover of the new issue of Philly Mag, Hunter Pence poses in an old-style Phillies uniform while the cover line proclaims him “The Next Great Phillie.” The turn-of-the-century look was the brainchild of the magazine’s design team (who also tried—to no avail—to get Pence to reprise the shirtless look he pioneered at last year’s Shane Victorino fashion show). Inside the mag is a profile of Pence, written by CSNPhilly.com columnist John Gonzalez, as well as an oral history of the ’93 Phils. The mag is out on newsstands and goes online later this week. (Cover photo: Chris Crisman)
- News: The 16 Best Phillies GIFs of 2014
- News: Ex-Phillie Mitch Williams Suing Deadspin, MLB Network
- News: Phillies Will Finish Last For First Time Since 2000
- News: Five Great Philly Artifacts in the Baseball Hall of Fame
- News: Phillies Stadium Best for Getting Homers
- News: Tina Fey Comments on Jonathan Papelbon’s Crotch Grabbing
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.