This morning Tom Ferrick—a former metro columnist for the Inquirer—published a piece on Metropolis detailing the shortcomings of Philly.com. Mainly, he points out that hits are too much a motivating factor and that the “photo essays” are really just unedited data dumps from camera to web. He blames that editorial philosophy for the problems with Philly.com commenters. He goes as far as to liken the site to a “teenage slut.” Philly.com editor Wendy Warren’s response to the piece appears in a post on Romenesko.
- News: Inky Mess: Karen Heller Vs. Norcross Spokesman
- News: PA Supreme Court Justice Accuses Inky, Daily News of Libel
- News: Is Nancy Phillips a Problem? Or a Target?
- News: Inky, Daily News Fired Up About First-Ever Job Reviews
- News: The “Darth Vader of Journalism” Strikes Back
- News: While Owners Feud, Inky and Daily News Suffer