This morning Tom Ferrick—a former metro columnist for the Inquirer—published a piece on Metropolis detailing the shortcomings of Philly.com. Mainly, he points out that hits are too much a motivating factor and that the “photo essays” are really just unedited data dumps from camera to web. He blames that editorial philosophy for the problems with Philly.com commenters. He goes as far as to liken the site to a “teenage slut.” Philly.com editor Wendy Warren’s response to the piece appears in a post on Romenesko.
- News: Will Philly Papers Go Up for Sale Again?
- News: UPDATE: Bill Marimow Is BACK. Norcross to Appeal.
- News: No Settlement in Inquirer Ownership Case
- News: Temple Interns Begin Return to “Apartheid Era” Inquirer
- News: “No One Can Be Switzerland, and I’m on Norcross’s Side”
- News: Will Osberg Testimony Put Marimow Back in His Inky Office?