The Phils second baseman has left Clearwater to be evaluated by a specialist. This comes after Chase allegedly “hit a plateau” in rehab. For those of you keeping score at home, this is not good news. With Howard out indefinitely, Utley unable to take the field, Polly taking it slow, and Domonic Brown sleeping funny, the injury bug is going around down in Florida. Oh, and opening day is in 17 days. Yay. [Crossing Broad]
- Property: For Rent: Chase Utley’s Phenomenal Ayer Penthouse
- News: Montgomery Takes Temporary Leave From Phillies
- News: Taney Dragons Parade Is This Afternoon
- News: Phillies Owner Sally Buck Dies at 83
- News: Are Good Phillies Teams Good for Newspapers?
- Property: Inside Cole Hamels’ $1.55M Newtown Square Home
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.