The Phils second baseman has left Clearwater to be evaluated by a specialist. This comes after Chase allegedly “hit a plateau” in rehab. For those of you keeping score at home, this is not good news. With Howard out indefinitely, Utley unable to take the field, Polly taking it slow, and Domonic Brown sleeping funny, the injury bug is going around down in Florida. Oh, and opening day is in 17 days. Yay. [Crossing Broad]
- News: The 16 Best Phillies GIFs of 2014
- News: Ex-Phillie Mitch Williams Suing Deadspin, MLB Network
- News: Phillies Will Finish Last For First Time Since 2000
- News: Five Great Philly Artifacts in the Baseball Hall of Fame
- News: Phillies Stadium Best for Getting Homers
- News: Tina Fey Comments on Jonathan Papelbon’s Crotch Grabbing
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.