Recent rumors suggest that Penn State might opt to go private in the wake of drastic budget cuts at the state level. Trustees chairwoman Karen Peetz mentioned during a Faculty Senate meeting that she found the public-private model at Cornell intriguing. Now everyone’s all like, “Will Penn State go private?” And Penn State’s all like, “No.” [Wall Street Journal]
- Be Well Philly: Penn State Named Among Healthiest Colleges in America
- News: Corbett Expands Medicaid to 300,000
- News: 5 Reasons Fall Could be Great for Politics in Philly
- News: Report: Penn State Bowl Ban Likely to be Reduced
- News: Poll: Wolf’s Lead Over Corbett Widens
- News: Will Penn State Keep Player Names on Football Jerseys?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.