Recent rumors suggest that Penn State might opt to go private in the wake of drastic budget cuts at the state level. Trustees chairwoman Karen Peetz mentioned during a Faculty Senate meeting that she found the public-private model at Cornell intriguing. Now everyone’s all like, “Will Penn State go private?” And Penn State’s all like, “No.” [Wall Street Journal]
- News: Can Conservatives and Liberals Be Friends?
- News: Pennsylvania Curbs Investment in Iran
- News: Prediction: State Senate to Stay in GOP Hands
- News: State Senate Candidate’s Daughter Calls Him a Liar
- News: Daryl Metcalfe’s Bad Religion
- News: Airbender Movie Given Pa. Tax Credits for California Work
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.