Things got a little tense at Chris Christie’s town hall-style appearance in Burlco yesterday. A 34-year-old law student at Rutgers-Camden. The man was urging Christie to reconsider his stance on merging Rutgers-Camden and Rowan University. It ended after the guy allegedly tried to talk over Christie on a number of occasions. Governor Christie called him an idiot and he was escorted out. After the student was gone, Christie offered this gem to the crowd that remained: “I tried to be patient with the guy. Everytime I tried to answer he started yelling over me again. Damn man, I’m the governor can you just shut-up for a second?” For the win. Hop to the 1:10 mark to see the sparks fly. [NBC Philadelphia]
- News: Is Chris Christie Still a Viable Presidential Candidate?
- News: Ori vs. Kenyatta: Gloves Off
- News: Neighbors Love Pop-Up Beer Gardens
- News: Christie to Decide on Smoking Ban for Jersey Beaches
- News: Pa. Republican Introduces Federal Bill to Legalize Medical Marijuana
- News: Wolf: Raise Taxes on Rich to Fund Schools
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.