Dan Gross of the Daily News is reporting that sources have said that Mayor Nutter was caught on video spanking a blonde woman named Andrea at North Bowl sometime last summer. Allegedly, Philadelphia’s communications director Desiree Peterkin Bell and Mayor Nutter’s press secretary Mark McDonald saw a screening of the video—shot on a viewer’s camera phone—once FOX 29 obtained the footage. Gross says that shortly thereafter Mayor Nutter summoned FOX 29 news director Steve Schwaid to City Hall. After the meeting, Schwaid told his staff that the footage would only air on his go-ahead. Apparently some of the folks at Fox 29 were less than thrilled that Schwaid decided to sit on, or kill, the story. [Daily News]
- News: Al Franken Calls on Netflix to Oppose Comcast Merger
- News: Report: Abandoned Sting Started With Diverse Targets
- G Philly: State LGBT Groups Get Behind Philly’s Mike Stack
- News: Tom Corbett Wants No Blame for Kathleen Kane’s Abandoned Sting
- News: Corbett Primary Challenger to Stay on Ballot
- News: Is America Over the Civil War?