Dan Gross of the Daily News is reporting that sources have said that Mayor Nutter was caught on video spanking a blonde woman named Andrea at North Bowl sometime last summer. Allegedly, Philadelphia’s communications director Desiree Peterkin Bell and Mayor Nutter’s press secretary Mark McDonald saw a screening of the video—shot on a viewer’s camera phone—once FOX 29 obtained the footage. Gross says that shortly thereafter Mayor Nutter summoned FOX 29 news director Steve Schwaid to City Hall. After the meeting, Schwaid told his staff that the footage would only air on his go-ahead. Apparently some of the folks at Fox 29 were less than thrilled that Schwaid decided to sit on, or kill, the story. [Daily News]
- News: Nutter, Union in Dispute Over $2.88 Million
- News: Another Pa. Republican Supports Medical Marijuana
- News: Council May Debate PGW Sale in October
- News: State Senate to Consider Medical Marijuana
- News: 3 Reasons to End the Pa. Death Penalty
- News: Magazine Says Pa. Governor Race Is “Likely Democratic”
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.