A 3 p.m. press conference has been scheduled for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia to announce the fate of the Catholic high schools recommended for closing by the Blue Ribbon Commission. The final ruling was expected last week but had been pushed back today. We’ve since learned that benefactors may have come forward with donations and a plan to spare all of the schools. [Inquirer]
- News: PGW Nightmare: Family Has Gas Shut Off Over “Secret” Gas Line
- News: Pope Wants Philly to Be Part of 3-City Tour of U.S.
- News: Philly: Public Pool Capital of America
- News: 99 Percent of Philly Parking Tickets Are Perfectly Legit
- G Philly: Bryn Mawr Named Top 20 LGBT-Friendly School
- News: Amazon Same-Day Delivery Is Here
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.