A 3 p.m. press conference has been scheduled for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia to announce the fate of the Catholic high schools recommended for closing by the Blue Ribbon Commission. The final ruling was expected last week but had been pushed back today. We’ve since learned that benefactors may have come forward with donations and a plan to spare all of the schools. [Inquirer]
- News: WATCH: Can’t a Hawk Just Eat His Breakfast in Peace?
- News: Why Do We Adore the Word Philadelphia?
- News: Convicted Philly Priest Dies in Prison
- News: Are State and Federal Exams Dragging Down Philly Schools?
- News: Vatican Confirms: Pope Will Visit Philly
- News: Six Districts (But Not Philly) File Big School Funding Lawsuit
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.