A 3 p.m. press conference has been scheduled for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia to announce the fate of the Catholic high schools recommended for closing by the Blue Ribbon Commission. The final ruling was expected last week but had been pushed back today. We’ve since learned that benefactors may have come forward with donations and a plan to spare all of the schools. [Inquirer]
- News: Well, That’s One Way to Steal a Bike
- News: Train Geeks Freaking Out Over 30th Street Station Renaming
- News: Dear Verizon: Take Your Yellow Pages and Shove It
- News: Shuttered Parish Takes Appeal to Vatican
- News: Arctic Splash Cartons: Litter or Art (or Both)?
- News: UPDATE: Is Pope Coming to Philly?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.